Hi, my name is Stephanie Banguilan and I am the owner of Gentle Journeys Birthing. I have been serving the Atlanta Georgia community since 2008. I specialize in Hypnobabies classes, doula services, custom slings, cloth diapers and baby wearing. I also offer breastfeeding support and natural / attachment parenting support groups. I love educating families so they can make the best and most informed decision for them. There are so many pathes to take so I am here to guide you along your journey.
I began my journey in 2005 when I got pregnant with my son. I had a wonderful birth using Hypnobirthing and after it was over, I knew there had to be something more out there. I continued to do more research and found Hypnobabies. In 2006, I became the first certified Hypnobabies instructor in the Atlanta area. My journey continued with the birth of my daughter in 2010. She was born at home using Hypnobabies. It was truly a magical experience. (For more information about my births, please check out my blog at http://www.gentlejourneysbirthing.com/blog
Hypnobabies is a 6 week long class that teaches a method of preparing for childbirth in a way that uses hypnotic techniques, guided imagery and visualization to train the inner mind to accept all of the positive and none of the negative. We teach you how to eliminate the fear-tension-pain cycle from the birthing experience as well as MANY other wonderful techniques. This is totally different from any other childbirth education class that is available today!
70% of Hypnobabies Students experience NO PAIN during their birthing time!
The amazing benefits of a Hypnobabies Birth:
- Relaxed Mom and Birth Partner throughout pregnancy, labor and birth.
- Shorter labors due to lack of resistance in the birthing muscles.
- Fewer complications and interventions, as the body and mind stay completely relaxed and focused during labor
- Proper positioning of baby during pregnancy and birth: Posterior and Breech babies can be turned with hypnosis!
- Fewer drugs or no drugs at all, means less risk of harmful side effects for mother and baby.
- Elimination of the Fear/Tension/Pain Syndrome
- Easier recovery, with less pain, bleeding and “baby blues”
- A Well trained and Confident birth partner, for great support
This is a very successful six-week complete childbirth education course. We teach the same hypno-anesthesia techniques used by people who undergo surgery with hypnosis as their only anesthesia using a method called “Eyes Open Childbirth Hypnosis”. This allows our moms to easily remaining deeply in hypnosis while walking, talking, changing positions and being as mobile as they would like to be during childbirth. The materials included with this course include: 7 CDs for mom, 1 CD for partner, workbook, handouts, 7 scripts, quick reference and more. You won't find these techniques anywhere else.
To get more information about all of the services I offer, please visit my website at http://www.gentlejourneysbirthing.com