Serving women & families in Maryland, Southeastern Pennsylvania, Delaware and Southern New Jersey...
Karen Webster, CPM, LM
I believe that pregnancy and birth are healthy and normal events in a woman's life. As a midwife, I feel that it is my honor and responsibility to nurture and create the space for the women I serve during the journey to motherhood. I recognize that in pregnancy, many women experience great physical, emotional, social and spiritual changes, and it is my intention to support women and families in this time of transformation.
I are committed to compassionate, women-centered care in which both midwife and mother are actively engaged in the decision-making process. As midwives we offer our skills, experience and loving attention as well as our deep trust in and respect for the birth process. I expect that mothers choosing homebirth are willing to take responsibility for their own health and well being and that of their baby. It is my hope that in doing so, women will discover the power and potential that birth holds, and carry it with them throughout their lives.
I provide traditional midwifery care to women & babies during the childbearing year.
Professional midwifery services include:
• Homebirth, including Waterbirth & VBACs
• Comprehensive prenatal care in our office and your home
• Nutritional Counseling & Childbirth Education
• Complete postpartum care for mother & baby during first 6 weeks
• Seasonal prenatal & postpartum gatherings, including group prenatal care
• Well-woman care (Annual exams, Pap's, etc)
• Breastfeeding support
• Family planning Counseling
• Preconception Counseling
• Referrals to holistic health providers
• Belly casting
• Lending Library
• One-year membership to Citizens for Midwifery
• Free issue of Mothering Magazine
Schedule of services includes:
• Initial & followup visit in first two weeks of care
• Prenatal visits
every 4 weeks until 30 weeks of pregnancy
every 2 weeks from 28-36 weeks of pregnancy
every week from 36 weeks to birth
• Continuous labor support in mother’s home as soon as labor is established
• Care during labor, birth and postpartum until mom and baby are settled and breastfeeding is established
• Postpartum and well baby visits during the first week, and 4-6 weeks postpartum
• Additional phone consultations and/or visits
Many insurance plans accepted.
Please see Financial Agreement for more details.
For more information call 443-553-3370 or email email@example.com