I provide doula services for your labor, birth and postpartum period. This unique service is $550, which includes 2-3 prenatal visits, attendance at your labor/birth, and 1-2 postpartum visits. For a combination of both childbirth education and doula services there is a discount of $50. Doula services will also include:
- A discussion of your preferences for labor support, pain control and interventions.
- I will assist you in researching and writing a birth plan.
- Hand-outs covering labor and birth positions, breastfeeding information, and postpartum care for mom and baby
- Professional referrals and resources will be available to you at any time.
- Access to my lending library (books, videos, tapes).
- Emotional, physical and informational support during labor, birth and postpartum.
- Use of my labor support tools such as hot/cold rice packs, birth ball, aromatherapy oils, massage oils, music, my caring hands, my reassuring voice.
- Help initiating breastfeeding as soon as possible after birth.
I believe that KNOWLEDGE and SUPPORT are the keys to a positive birth! I acknowledge that each labor and birth is an unique experience and there is no ONE right way to have a baby. My background includes my love for natural medicine, a B.A. in Biology, a Childbirth Education certification through the Birth Connection, Labor / Birth Doula certification through CAPPA, Neonatal Resuscitation Certificate through NRP, CPR & First Aid Certified, and my experience working with Dr. Robert Wolfson, a perinatolotgist. I currently shadow a homebirth midwife, as her assistant, and I am looking forward to becoming a midwife myself someday, when my own two children are older.