We at Pura Vida Chiropractic work with the body’s ability to adapt and function the way it was designed to. Chiropractic care in pregnancy is vital to the normal physiological function of both the mother and baby in pregnancy and birth. The following are benefits for mother and baby according to the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association:
- Prepares the pelvis for an easier pregnancy and birth by creating a state of balance in pelvic bony structures, muscles and ligaments.
- Removes tension on the ligaments that support the uterus thus reducing torsion (intrauterine constraint) to the woman’s uterus.
- Reduces interference to the mother’s vital nerve system which controls and co-ordinates all of her systems and functions.
- Allows for a safer easier birth for the mother decreasing the potential for intervention.
To the Infant:
- Removes interference to the mother’s nerve system allowing for better baby development.
- Allows the baby the room to develop without restrictions to its forming cranium, spine, and other skeletal structures.
- Offers the baby the room to move into the best possible position for birth.
- With proper fetal positioning, there is a significant decrease in dystocia (non-progressing labor) and the resulting birth trauma caused by intervention.