Homebirth Midwifery Care
Blessingway Midwifery Care provides midwifery care for mothers wishing to remain at home for the birth of their baby. Jennifer is licensed to practice in New York and will travel to Vermont and Berkshire County MA as well. We are committed to serving women and families by providing compassionate and loving care through the Midwifery Model of Care.
- We provide care for women who are having low-risk, normal pregnancies.
- We are able to care for women desiring VBAC as well as water-birth.
- One free initial consultation
- Direct availability to clients for questions and concerns
- Hour-long prenatal visits in our office offered every month until 32 weeks, then every two weeks to 36 weeks, then every week until delivery
- Home prenatal visit at 36 weeks
- Lab work, ultrasound, and medical consultation by referral as necessary
- Extensive local resource network available for doula services, childbirth education, acupuncture, massage, etc.
- Water-birth – labor and/or deliver your baby in a birth pool. Pools are available for rental.
- Continuous care and support by the birth team in the immediate postpartum period (2-4 hours after the birth)
- Breastfeeding information, instruction and ongoing support
- Postpartum visits for the mother and baby, including home visits on days 1, 3, 7 and 14, with a final office visit at six weeks after the birth, or as necessary according to your individual needs
- Newborn Screening Tests